1) Visitation is by appointment only. Please call or text (803) 920-4074 to schedule an appointment. If you show up without an appointment, you may be asked to leave while a burial or service is underway.
2) There is no office located at the cemetery. There is not a Dust to Dust Representative present at the cemetery at all times. If you need to meet with someone, have a plot flagged, or otherwise be directed at the cemetery, you must contact us a minimum of 48 hours in advance to arrange this.
3) Plots may not be decorated with any materials that are plastic, concrete, ceramic, tile, painted, stained, polished, metal, cut lumber, etc. All items used must be in a natural state. Any item(s) placed on plots which violate these Rules and Regulations will be removed and/or thrown away without notice.
4) Any item(s) placed on plots may not exceed 12” in height, excluding living plants. Any item(s) taller than 12” must be approved by the cemetery.
5) Plants may be placed on plots but must be approved by the cemetery prior to planting to ensure they are noninvasive.
6) It is understood that heavy machinery may be required to drive over your plot(s) and dirt may have to be temporarily placed on your plot(s) to open an adjacent plot. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to contact the cemetery to inquire about the status of the surrounding plots and the likelihood that their landscaping may be disrupted. The cemetery is not responsible for any damage and/or disruption to landscaping of plots.
7) Purchase of headstone / grave marker is the responsibility of the purchaser. Cost of the grave marker is not included in the prices listed our Contract, nor does the cemetery arrange the purchase of the grave marker. Grave marker type and content must be approved by the cemetery prior to installation. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to contact the cemetery to have the plot flagged prior to installation to ensure the grave marker is placed within the correct plot. Grave markers may be moved if they are incorrectly placed. Grave markers may not exceed 2’x3’ and must be installed flush with the ground. No vertical grave markers are allowed. No concrete, painted, stained, cut lumber, metal, or polished rock grave markers are allowed.
8) Benches are not allowed. You may see a small handful of benches at the cemetery. These have either been grandfathered in or the plot purchaser has been notified the bench must be removed. The presences of these benches does not mean future benches may be placed at the cemetery.
9) Dust to Dust is not a “perpetual care” cemetery. Dust to Dust is a nature reserve. No guarantees are made as to the maintenance of the property.
10) Dust to Dust will not be held responsible for stolen property, vandalism, or acts of God.
11) Dust to Dust is a natural burial cemetery. As such, the natural settling / collapsing of the earth, especially following heavy rains, is a part of our process. Dust to Dust will not be held responsible for injury that may be incurred as a result of our natural burial process. Please exercise caution when walking around the property.
12) The cemetery is a part of family-owned farmland. It is understood that animals, both wild and domesticated, may be present at times on the property. Please do not feed or harass the animals.
13) Visitors may bring pets on the property so long as they remain leashed and under control during the entire duration of the visit. Animal owners are responsible for the actions of their animals.
14) No vaults are allowed.
15) Only biodegradable caskets may be used. Caskets are not required.
16) No bodies will be accepted which have been embalmed with toxic chemicals, such as formaldehyde.
17) The cemetery must be notified a minimum of 24 hours prior to burial to ensure ample time to open plot.
18) Plots are designated by the cemetery for burial. Purchaser does not get to pick their plot. If purchaser has more than one plot, adjacent plots will be reserved upon burial for the other deed holders.
19) Purchase of plot secures the right to be buried within a plot. This does not give ownership of the land.
20) The cemetery will not buy back plots. Plot purchasers have the right to resell their plot(s). There is a $50 transfer fee to redo the paperwork.
21) If you choose to make monthly payments with Dust to Dust, the following will apply to you:
– To begin making monthly payments, purchaser will need to submit a signed Contract and signed Rules and Regulations form along with their first payment.
– Balance will be paid in $25 minimum installments, beginning on the date the Contract was originally signed, and are due by the same date each month until the balance is paid in full. Balances do not accrue interest.
– Checks and/or money orders must be sent to Dust to Dust Cemetery, PO Box 277, Swansea, SC 29160.
– Balance must be paid in full prior to using the plot.
– Making monthly payments on a plot does not secure a specific plot location. A plot must be paid in full to be assigned a plot number.
– The cemetery will send quarterly statements showing your remaining balance.
– Any charges upon cemetery resulting from insufficient funds will be reimbursed by purchaser.
– Should account become 90 days late, the contract is void and reimbursements will not be given.